The start of a New Year is a time for fresh starts and new beginnings, and nothing is morerefreshing than walking into a clean office in the New Year.
A workspace stripped of holiday clutter can invigorate you for the year ahead and give your business an opportunity to reset.
Yet, deep cleaning is a New Year’s resolution that is often underestimated.
Let’s dive into why a deep clean can be a beneficial New Year’s resolution and how you can set actionable cleaning goals.
Why a Clean Office Makes All the Difference
- Boost productivity A fresh office can welcome a fresh wave of energy going into the New Year. Tidy workspaces can inspire employees and reduce anxiety, leading to increased morale and output.
- First impressions are important. The first time a person lays their eyes on your office in the New Year can be the difference between a positive relationship throughout the year and a negative one. An unhygienic and cluttered environment does not display your work environment at its best, which can leave employees, clients and visitors with an unintended negative mental image of the business. On the other hand, a squeaky-clean office exudes professionalism and trustworthiness, leaving clients with a favourable first impression of your brand.
- A clean office is a healthy office.An unsanitary workspace is more likely to spread sickness around the office. Starting the year sick can drain the motivation that naturally comes with a New Year. Sanitising all overlooked surfaces at the beginning of the year can help reduce the spread of diseases.
Commonly neglected surfaces can include:
- Stair handrails
- Phones and keyboards
- Light switches
- Coffee and water dispensers
Sickness is not the only productivity-hindering side effect of an unclean office; allergies and hay fever can be prevalent, too.
Give the office a complete dusting and vacuuming before the work year begins. Clean out air vents to remove dust and dirt from the circulating air.
Set your New Year’s Cleaning Resolutions
Creating clear and actionable goals helps your business stay consistently sparkling and healthy throughout the year.
- Establish a regular cleaning schedule A great cleaning goal to start the year with is to create a cleaning schedule. Start by identifying all areas and surfaces that require regular cleaning within the office. This means common areas like break rooms, restrooms, as well as individual workspaces. The next step is determining the cleaning frequency for each area and assigning a day of the week or month to clean it. Allocate areas and roles to your employees and record it in a roster.
- Foster a culture of cleanliness Promote cleanliness in the workplace by encouraging employees to regularly declutter and dispose of waste. Make it a goal to display bins and cleaning equipment, like disinfectant spray and wipes, in a visible and accessible location.
- Utilise a professional cleaning service Alternatively, you can delegate your office cleaning tasks to a professional cleaning company like Cleantastic and free up your employees’ time.
Kick Start the New Year with Cleantastic
The start of the business calendar is a crucial time to regain momentum and establish a productive rhythm.
Tackling the task of deep cleaning right at the beginning of the year can disrupt this flow and delay the resumption of normal operations. On the other hand, putting off the New Year clean can reduce motivation and clarity going into the year.
That’s why hiring a professional cleaner like Cleantastic can help you kick-start your New Year, giving you more time to focus on those other important business resolutions.
Cleantastic delivers a high-quality cleaning service to refresh your office before the office doors swing open for the first time in the year.
Contact us to learn about how we can help rejuvenate your office for the New Year.